This website was created for those experiencing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and for their support system of family, friends and fellow workers.
The site's founder experienced a traumatic car accident which changed her life significantly. It took much personal effort to begin and travel her journey to recovery and growth. Her newfound commitment to understanding PTSD and sharing her understanding with others is the reason she created the Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Association which is the sponsor of this site.
The site includes clinical information from world-renowned and extensively published medical authorities combined with real-life situations. In sum, the website will reveal the human side of a deep wound and aid in the hopeful transformation and sustaining of a new self thereafter.
Mental Fitness Magazine is an exciting new digital quarterly and focusses exclusively on positive ways to turn "Mental Distress into Mental Fitness". Click here to subscribe to pre-order a one year FREE subscription.
The Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Association was created to:
- Educate the public and professionals about the nature of, responses to and curative measures for PTSD.
- Educate the public on the needs of persons suffering from PTSD.
- Assist in the coordination of healthcare and support services for persons suffering from PTSD.
Our initiatives include:
- Developing educational materials, and offering courses, seminars and conferences.
- Collecting and disseminating information to the public and healthcare providers so that families, professionals and educators will be able to obtain the most current information on diagnosis and treatment of PTSD.
- Raising funds through events and activities, and soliciting financial assistance from organizations, corporations, individuals and government.
To honor the human spirit and empower individuals suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder through education, linkages with appropriate services, facilitation of research and discovery into the causation, and effective treatment strategies for this disabling disorder with the ultimate goal of return to full health.